|Tim McIlvain (left) and Chris Wherley (right)|
SOPPA - the Student Online Personal Protection Act - goes into effect July 1, 2021. Join us as we learn more about the law and tools that can help schools remain in compliance with it from LTC Executive Director Tim McIlvain and LTC Director of Technology Services Chris Wherley.
Note: Neither the Learning Through Leading Podcast nor its hosts receive any compensation for mentioning products or services during this interview at the time of recording.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Consortium for School Networking, or CoSN
- Protecting Student Data Privacy, by Linnette Attai
- NDPA: National Data Privacy Agreement
- ISPA: Illinois Student Privacy Alliance
- SDPC: Student Data Privacy Consortium
- ISPA Database: Visit ltcillinois.org, click Services, and choose Illinois Student Privacy Alliance (ISPA/SDPC)
- All Things SOPPA (YouTube playlist)
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Overview of SOPPA
- Policy Services from the Illinois Association of School Boards
- Learning Technology Center of Illinois
- Twitter: @LTCillinois,
- Web: ltcillinois.org
- Tim McIlvain on Twitter
- Chris Wherley on Twitter
Visit www.LearningThroughLeading.com to get every new episode delivered right to your inbox when it is published.
You can find us on Twitter at
How to Listen
- Amazon Podcasts
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Radio Public
Disclosure: Matt Jacobson is an employee of the Learning Technology Center of Illinois.